Sunday, June 8, 2014

Le Métier de Beauté Dark Orchid Kaleidoscope - Gift with Purchase at Neiman Marcus Camp Gorgeous - Live and In Person

My day turned cloudy before I could get a photo of the Le Métier de Beauté Gift with Purchase for Neiman Marcus' Camp Gorgeous. As I understand it, this GWP is available only at the Tysons  Galleria and Mazza Gallerie stores.

Camp Gorgeous runs until June 15. If you spend $250 or more at Le Métier de Beauté, you will receive the Dark Orchid Kaleidoscope, a $95 value. Time to stock up on skin care? That's what I did.

The unique beauty of this collection is in the new eye shadow formula Le Métier de Beauté's chemist just completed. The new texture is more buttery, creamy, and rich than anything the company has offered before. What can you anticipate?

  • Tier 1:  Split-Pan Cake Liner. Black and Plum-Orchid (use them with a dry or damp brush)
  • Tier 2:  Rich Orchid. (similar to Alexandrite/Fig, but more magenta, and brighter) 
  • Tier 3:  Mocha Sheen (similar to Corinthian, but more vivid and brighter) - a gorgeous shade
  • Tier 4:  A new moisture-resistant Eye-Base Primer. When applied to the eyelid, the look is like a sheer, pearlized nylon stocking.
Michael Reinhardt at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie would love to help those who want to make sure they "earn" this free, exclusive Kaleidoscope before they "sell out," so to speak. Give Michael or Chae Edwards a call at Mazza at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258. One "Anonymous" reader commented in my "Coming Attraction" feature about a problem using gift cards. I think the Mazza store and I have a solution for you, so please write me at bestthingsinbeauty@gmail.com.

I had fun with Michael yesterday, comparing Rich Orchid to the horrible bruise on my arm. Other than that one shade (I just don't want to look like I was hit in the eye), this Kaleidoscope is really pretty. Plus, how can you argue with free? The photo below shows the Kaleidoscope with Rich Orchid tucked in.

Even though I took the photos under clouds, I think they are color-true. They are a tad less luminous than they would look if I had had sunshine. As I finish this feature, the sun has returned, but I know it will duck behind the clouds if I run back outside. It always does.

Photo by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

MarciaF said...

This is available at all Neiman stores but not online. My Troy, MI store has it. It's gorgeous.

jo said...

Hi cg this is a national promotion. The sg anf dallas and la stores have it too. Enjoy

jo said...

Oops I meamt sf store. I am typing from my phone

Nemo said...

If this new offering is representative of what will be the future LMDB eye kits, I must say how disappointed I am. I liked the old ones, with 4 pans of shadow. I could use them any way I wanted, and any one of them as a liner. I don't need or want a pan of liners. Nor do I need or want an eye primer. I have a CHANEL eye primer that works just dandy. It's like LMDB is trying to stick us with things they're trying to get shed of.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, everyone. I'll bet my local LMdB reps who were told it was to be exclusive are very unhappy.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Wow! That's a pretty cool gift with purchase. Granted, you have to spend a boatload to get it, but it looks like it's worth it. The Mocha shade is gorgeous, and right up your alley, CG!

Anahita said...

I'm soo disappointed. I placed an order at Mazze to get that GWP and it's totally shattered!! I called and in order to get a replacement, I have to mail it back. It's irritating to have to take time out of my day to go to Ups and mail it back. I spent over $350 and I feel that they should send out a replacement no questions asked.

Charlestongirl said...

Anahita, before you send it, let me see what I can do.

Anahita said...

Charleston Girl if you could do something, I'd thoroughly appreciate it!! Thanks

Charlestongirl said...

Anahita,

I didn't get far. NM told me that your package has a return address thingie in it. They said that if you affix it to the box, with the Kaleidoscope inside, it will be returned to them (NM policy that it must be - there has been GWP fraud too). With all the different kinds of fraud the stores are having, they are cracking down.

If it is a UPS return, what I do is set it out by my door, and when the UPS guys come by (usually daily!), they just take it. I normally leave a note saying, "UPS, please take."

Sorry I wasn't more successful. It sounds like it will be pretty easy to return it, though, because you won't have to go anywhere to do it.

I was assured they are holding one in your name.

Anonymous said...

I just received this as part of their Summer program.

Katherine

Lisa said...

WELCOME BACK!! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!!

Lisa said...

WELCOME BACK!! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!!