Thursday, June 19, 2014

Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Color

I love cream blushes, and I love cream blushes in sticks. They are so convenient. I was playing online recently and saw Laura Mercier's Bonne Mine Stick Face Color ($32) at Nordstrom. I immediately ordered two shades: Pink Glow and Peach Glow.

Wake up your skin with a healthy glow. These sheer, blendable sticks give skin natural-looking color with a “no-makeup” radiance that looks soft and sun-kissed. Luminous shades for cheeks and face transform skin into radiant, glowing skin. Four luminous shades.

Pink Glow is shown above. What a gorgeous rose shade! The sheer, blendable formula gives you that no-makeup radiance with a natural, soft and sun-kissed look.

I was more than disappointed when I pulled these beauties from the Nordstrom box. Peach Glow fell right out of the tube. Not only did it have some damage around the edges of the top, it had melted at some point, perhaps in transit, and it was no longer attached to the wind-up mechanism. It's too bad that I have to send it back, although I will ask that it be replaced. It's a beautiful color on my skin.

I took swatch photos in full sun. I applied the shades directly from the tubes, and then I blended them lightly with my fingers. Pink Glow in particular came out of the tube a bit too dark for my skin. I would blend them into my skin anyhow, so I don't think the need to blend the color is relevant to anything.

Pink Glow is a stunning rose pink. I would gush, but I'll leave that to you pink lovers. Peach Glow is slightly more subtle. It's extremely natural on the skin, and I'll bet the shade will work for nearly everyone. There are two other shades available: Bronze Glow and Coral Glow. Both appear to have been created for darker skin tones.

I remember that Laura Mercier offered color sticks in the past. They were called Illuminating Sticks, and they were wonderful. Now, we have a bit more color, making them perfect for use as blush in addition to being "glow sticks."

 Apply the colors to your skin where a healthy glow is desired. Laura Mercier recommends you touch the color onto apples of of your cheeks then softly blend the color up your cheekbones and toward your temples until your desired coverage is achieved. Works for me!

You can find Bonne Mine Stick Face Color at Laura Mercier's Web site, Nordstrom (where I purchased mine), and other Laura Mercier counters.

Photos at top courtesy of Laura Mercier; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Cheryl G. said...

I too bought both of those color sticks. One had detached and was stuck to the top of the lid, while the other fell over and out upon twist up. Beautiful colors, but...epic fail!

Eileen said...

I also have Pink Glow. It's a beautiful translucent rose in a formulation that let's me sheer it out to a barely there natural flush which I find consistent with the whole "bonne mine" concept. With this beauty, you really will look like you're glowing with good health. Although I wear it ultra-sheer, it can certainly be worn heavier, but the element of transparency will always be there. In fact, it is that "watercolor" effect that sets this stick apart from so many others. It's a great summer option for those minimal makeup days when you want a bit of soft color and natural glow without going to a lot of effort.

Charlestongirl said...

Yikes, Cheryl! Two out of two is scary.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the new Burberry cream blush sticks? I saw them on Nordstrom's website but I don't have a counter nearby. I might just be tempted. I've rarely tried a Burberry beauty product that I didn't like! With the 2 fails on the Laura Mercier blush sticks, I think I will pass.

Meredith said...

You must have warm weather where you two live. Here in Seattle, the two blushes that I bought are both perfect, no problems with the packaging. I love the Pink and have the coral also. Both are beautifully subtle and flattering. I'm very pleased with mine.

Lisa said...

Those are both stunning. I would be intwerested to hear how they hold up during the day, I am speaking of the wear time. If applied sheerly do they last 8 hours?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Laura Mercier is going to have to figure out the melting/breaking issue before I decide to purchase. And it's a darned shame because these colors are gorgeous!! Ah...quality control!