Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jo Malone London Tuberose Angelica Cologne Intense

Exclusive to Neiman Marcus for 90 days, Jo Malone's Tuberose Angelica ($145) could be that perfect Camp Gorgeous purchase. It took me all of a nanosecond to smell and purchase it. I am a tuberose addict. I find rich, sultry, indolic white flowers to be heavenly - transporting.

Rich with precious ingredients. Inspired by ritual. Deeply sensual scents. Experience Tuberose Angelica. The queen of white florals. Sensual. Touched with the green spiciness of angelica. Intoxicating and desirable.

Tuberose Angelica Cologne Intense, which explores white floral motifs, enriched with aromatic herbs and resinous woody undertones, is the latest addition to Jo Malone's Cologne Intense Collection. Most of the fragrances in the collection are too spicy for my tastes, but this one suits me well.

The composition of Tuberose Angelica opens with green and spicy angelica notes, creating a sparkling opening that surrounds a heart heavy with tuberose flowers and jasmine, which dries down to a warm amber-wood base. As usual, Jo Malone has not specified the top, heart, and base notes, preferring that we form our impressions from the fragrance, rather than our imaginations.

The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne, who has been with the Firmenich since 2001. She works in Paris.

Naturally, Jo Malone is recommending layering of a harmonizing fragrance, in this case mixing Tuberose Angelica with English Pear & Freesia. I have to admit that I'm not much of a blender. If the fragrance isn't perfect to my nose on first spray, why bother changing it? I like to keep it simple. Spray and go.

Tuberose Angelica is available in a dark 100 ml bottle only. It made the scene this month in Europe, the Middle East, and South and North America. Neiman Marcus has an exclusive on it for 90 days, after which it will be available at all Jo Malone counters. If you  need help ordering it, give Sydelle a call at the Jo counter at (202) 966-9700 at Mazza Gallerie.

Photo courtesy of Jo Malone

5 comments:

Shari said...

Love Jo Malone AND love Tuberose. Thank you for the head's up.

VancouverChic said...

Hi CG,
I too am a tuberose addict. How do you compare this to other great tuberose perfumes? Sounds divine though!!! Sheesh you're gonna get me in trouble again lol lol

Joanne

Isla said...

I agree about blending and layering...why buy and/or wear it if you have to tweak it?

Anonymous said...

i can see that layering combination working-I just bought RP's Douglas Hannant, partly because of your love for it. That has a pear note too. I also bought Calypso, and it's a very beautiful scent, too.

Have a good night,

Carole

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It sounds absolutely intoxicating! But I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised that you are drawn to a "heavy" scent! I always think of tuberose as very sexy and intense.....as I do patchouli, which I know is NOT your thing!😉