Tuesday, June 10, 2014

iLuminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase - The Miracle Pillowcase

Many people, especially those selling skin care, have noticed and commented (positively) recently on my skin. It's always nice to hear that your skin looks especially good. I haven't really fessed up on the reason - until now. You are about to read my secret.

One day, a few pillowcases showed up at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, and they sold out the same day they hit the display. Michael Reinhardt told me (after they sold out) about the miraculous properties of these pillowcases: wrinkle reduction, no puffiness in the morning, and more. I immediately Googled the pillowcases (he told me they were made by Ponds Institute or a Ponds-related company), and I found them immediately at Bergdorf Goodman. I ordered one. I have used it every day since, and  I'm thrilled with it.

Called "Sleeping Beauty: 12 Ways to Get Gorgeous While You Snooze" in the Zoe Report, the iLuminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase ($60) is everything I had anticipated. Here is the scoop.
  • Fight wrinkles with your eyes closed. iLuminage offers you an overnight solution to help maintain your skin's youthful appearance and minimize the visible signs of aging, including fine lines, wrinkles, and lack of smoothness.
  • Pillowcase fibers are carefully embedded with Copper Oxide, derived from a well-known essential mineral.
  • Clinically proven in controlled, double-blind trials to reduce the appearance of wrinkles for smoother, younger-looking skin in as little as four weeks with a continuing effect over time.
  • Safe and non-irritating.
The mechanism of action for the iLuminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase involves the release of copper ions to the skin's surface. When the skin is in contact with the copper oxide fibers, copper ions are liberated into the moisture found in its upper layers. Copper ions released into this moisture support the skin's natural self-renewal mechanism and help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It's like putting a night moisturizer on your skin. Copper is an essential mineral known to play an important role in the healthy function of the skin. Cupron scientists spent over 10 years of research to bring copper technology to intelligent textiles.

Just slip the pillowcase over your pillow so that night after night your skin gets the anti-aging beauty sleep it needs for a smoother and fresher appearance. The pillowcase is machine-washable; it can be put in your washer and dryer or hung to dry without softener or dryer sheets.

I've been using mine for two months, and I adore it. Is it worth $60?  That's less than one jar of moisturizer. You bet! Plus, it's really soft and comfy - luxurious.

My iLuminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase is now a permanent part of my life. I need to order a few more and stock up. I doubt the pillowcases will be discontinued; I'm just paranoid through experience. The iLuminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase has already won a Neiman Marcus Beauty Award.

You can purchase the iLuminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman online. If you Google it, you will find a few more sources. Now you know my secret.

Photo courtesy of Bergdorf Goodman

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also did extensive research on this pillowcase before ordering and I am so happy I did! - Zeynep

MoonRae said...

I've been sleeping on satin/silk pillowcases for a few years now. These sound amazing, thanks for sharing your "secret" sweetie!

Sharon

Roxy said...

I've been using a silk pillowcases for over a year, but this kicks it up a notch. For the last month, I've slept on iLuminage and, although I can't say my wrinkles have vanished, I do get a very good night's sleep. Also, it is so easy to wash and dries like a charm.

Minaxi said...

Wow - thank you for sharing this beauty tip! Can you wash the pillow case normally? Or does it require special attention? and even after washing it, are the copper ions still there?

Charlestongirl said...

I wash mine normally, Minaxi. I even throw it in the dryer for a bit. The pillowcase is machine-washable; it can be put in your washer and dryer or hung to dry without softener or dryer sheets.

virginiaisforluvrs said...

Sounds interesting. I'm going to do some research and find out if it's right for me. I bought a silk pilowcase from my salon, and I ended up breaking out badly, although my hair looked great.

Charlestongirl said...

Virginia, I cannot imagine how your face could break out from a silk pillowcase. That's a surprise. How often did you wash it? Could have been the quality of the silk. Perhaps it was porous?

Meredith said...

I too, have been sleeping on silk cases for years. I got one of these copper cases and I love mine. These seem to be a big hit.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that Nordstrom sells this product on line. It states that it is for a standard size pillow. Has anyone tried to put a down king size pillow in this case?

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, no larger than standard. Even that's a close fit.

virginiaisforluvrs said...

That's a good point about it maybe being porous. I washed it, put it on my pillow, and days later broke out. From the tag, I think my salon got them from feelingpampered.com, and I don't think I would have purchased it knowing that. Hard to tell if the quality really is what they say it is.

Angela said...

Hi CG,

Actually the best thing you can do for fighting wrinkles as far as pillows go is not to let your face touch them! One of the first ways we get wrinkles is by having them 'pressed' into our skin by the pillow when we sleep on our side or stomach. I know a 75 year-old woman who looks 45 and that is pretty much her only 'secret' - Sleep on your back and don't let the pillow push creases into the sides of your eyes and nasolabial folds.

I've been sleeping on my back for the last five years (it really took a lot of getting used to) and that, combined with the Retin-A I've been using for a decade, has taken (in all modesty) about 10-12 years off my skin.

P.S. Just read your newest post about LMdB's program and agree with you completely. I'm betting those monthly 'products' will be whatever is currently not selling and may even be about to expire! I hate those kind of programs; it seems beneath the dignity of a company like LMdB.

Anonymous said...

Fran says:
As to Angela's comment. I fractured my pelvis in Mid May and have only just come out of hospital. I had to start sleeping on my back (helped along by strong painkillers). It's something I thought I could never do but I have noticed an improvement in my upper eyelids which used to puff up and then droop so am going to try and keep that going once fully healed. BTW CG your blog was a little shining beacon during my hospital stay.

Charlestongirl said...

All, it is totally correct that sleeping on your back is best for your face. I am trying like crazy, but my body hates it. Even if I am able to go to sleep on my back, I wake up on my right side. At some point during the night, my body says too bad about your face, I'm going to be comfy. :)

Many of the problems I had sleeping on my side are now gone with this pillowcase. It's a keeper.

Charlestongirl said...

Fran, I cringed when I read your comment. Ouch! I hope you are improving.

Amber Ehrlich said...

I am convinced I need this. I am doing what I can to prevent my first wrinkles! This did involve spending a good deal of time on the NM website to see what else I should purchase to get my Camp Gorgeous gift :)

Anonymous said...

I have been sleeping on my Iluminage
pillow case for 3 months - I love it.
I have been noticing my skin is
looking smoother and wrinkles were
vanishing and my skin more radiant!!

I have also noticed my hair is shinier!!

I am a happy lady!!!

Lady Kay