Sunday, June 1, 2014

Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipstick from the Bright Ribbon Collection for Summer 2014

The online-exclusive Bright Ribbon Collection from Giorgio Armani Beauty brings us translucent, bright colors for lips and nails. Most of the shades remind me of Italian Ice treats.

Featuring a creamy texture, feather light and translucent, as hydrating as a balm. The brilliant bold color is wearable and chic.

I purchased two lip colors: #305, a coral with its share of pink; and #509. Both appeared online to be a bit more bold than they are in person. That's because the shades are extremely sheer.

The coral #305 is shown at left in my photo above, with the pink #509 to the right. There are a total of six shades available, and now that I've purchased two, I'm thinking I need at least one more. You can see Armani's swatches at this link. I may spring for the crazy purple #604.

I took swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun. As you can see #305 at the top of my arm is much more colorful than #509, shown below. On my arm, #509 offers very little color, however the pink is amplified on my lips by the natural pigment of my lips. It's still very light, though. It provides a perfect sheer, summer look. Given a choice of only one, I'd opt for the coral #305. I think it's gorgeous, with its sheer shine and tropical color.

I purchased one of the nail lacquers, and I'll show it to you as soon as I can get photos. In the meantime, check out these Bright Ribbon online exclusives at the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site. If you like pastels as much as I do, I'll bet you'll find a treasure. They have no fragrance, which I know will please many of you.

Photos at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Jo said...

I could not resist the coral. I just placed an order. You're such an enabler CG LOL I bought two of the new Becca blushes at Sephora this weekend (Lychee and Fig, they are all sold out online!) and a Buxom lipstick and lip gloss in Dolly. I wish I had known about this shade earlier, it is the perfect nude for my mauve lips. Allure magazine named it the best department store brand lip gloss and now I know why.

Eileen said...

Those are such beautiful colors. After wearing deeper or more vibrant shades throughout the winter and well into the spring, I'm ready for some sheer action again. I love Armani sheers because they are delicate but still manage to have some depth and complexity. Despite the delicacy of the color, I still look like I have something on my lips. You picked the two I would have bought. Or correct that! The two I will buy :-) Talk about effortless chic!

Claire said...

I agree they are really sheer, but lovely nonetheless. I want to know the shade worn by the model (I bet photoshoped b/c it looks more like full-coverage lipstick, unless she wears lip liner underneath). Thanks for the coverage, CG!

Makeupremastered said...

Hi CT-
Online exclusive -will they eventually be available anywhere else?-tnx

Kiss & Make-up said...

Ohhhh these colors are so pretty! And I quite like that they're sheer. Just little veil of color is perfect in summer.

bisbee said...

I bought the pink version - 508 - it is VERY light - I don't think I could even wear it without doctoring it with something else. They also sent me 502 (sheer) for my birthday, which is also very, very light. I think the problem is that these very light shades are lighter than my lips...and that's not a good look for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Claire, that shade worn by the model is not one of these. Bet ya!

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee, I also don't like that teen queen lighter than my lips look. Fortunately, this pink skirts the edge.