Monday, June 16, 2014

Giorgio Armani Beauty Nail Lacquer from the Bright Ribbon Collection for Summer 2014

When the Bright Ribbon Collection was launched recently, my eyes went straight for the Rouge d'Armani Sheers. After ordering two, I lingered at the Nail Lacquers ($20). Something about #302, a coral that is "so not me," commanded my attention. It telegraphed, "I am the coral of the season; you will never regret purchasing me." So, I put aside my natural attraction to pink and ordered a coral shade. I'm glad I did! Armani's #302 is exquisite.

This rich, thick polish creates an exception creamy shine with long-lasting color. The flat and wide brush sets a clean drop at the base of the nail and easily stretches color to the nail tip with one stroke. Even I can do it. The transforming "gel on brush" prevents dripping for a clean, precise application. The application is easy, and the application is long-lasting. What's not to love?

I took swatch photos on the color wheel in full sunshine. I applied two coats. More would have been overkill. This nail lacquer covers well.

Is this not a shade that screams summer? I think it's a fingertip shade - and a shade for your toesies - to draw attention while still telegraphing Armani elegance.

I have a hard time applying Nail Lacquer, but I find that Armani's shades apply easily, neatly, and evenly. There are six new shades in the Bright Ribbon Collection - including turquoise and pastel grape. This is the only one I've tried. I purchased it at the Armani Web site. It's also available at Giorgio Armani Beauty counters.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

wendy said...

hi charleston girl! guess what? there's a brand new armani counter at my local nordie's!! they were still unpacking things, boxes everywhere but, i saw the "main" tester unit. it's very small counter, sharing with laura mercier. but, it's better than nothing. they said that they were working on hiring the makeup artist. i sure hope they are good and knowledgeable of the line. stay tuned....xo.

Jo said...

It's pretty and bright but I think Tom Ford's Coral Beach is the coral of the season.

kimmiegc said...

That is really a beautiful color! I love it, and I am so glad you "went for it". Blessings, Kim

Kiss & Make-up said...

Gorgeous! But I really don't need any more corals though...

EllenB said...

Hi CG! Thanks for sharing this beautiful shade of nail color with us....I love that type of brush too. Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure nail polish line has the same type of brush and I find it does help give me a smooth nail polish application. I will look into Armani's new collection now that I know more about them, thanks to you!- Ellen B.