Tuesday, June 3, 2014

EVE LOM Radiance Perfected Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

EVE LOM has a cult following, with dedicated skin-care customers who will form the perfect customer base for its new "color" products. The company has stepped forward with products to ensure radiant color for the face.

At EVE LOM, we believe anyone can achieve a beautiful radiant complexion through straightforward and effective skin care. Whatever your age, skin type or skin concern, proper cleansing and gentle exfoliation enable your skin cells to regenerate quickly and create a vital receptive base for beauty products to work at their best. So that’s the EVE LOM core philosophy: perfectly cleansed, exfoliated skin is the key to a glowing complexion.

Two Neiman Marcus stores, in addition of EVE LOM's traditional homes, have received the new products. I was excited that one of those Neiman Marcus stores is the one at Mazza Gallerie. I was even more excited when I saw that they placed the new EVE LOM counter next to the Le Métier de Beauté counter.

I wanted to try a few of the new products. One I selected immediately was Radiance Perfected Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 ($55). Here is the scoop from EVE LOM.

Discover everyday healthy radiance, with the deep-down hydration and tinted coverage of this rich, silky formula. Providing a soft, "no makeup" finish, it blends easily while brightening actives help reduce the appearance of pigment spots. All the time you’re wearing it, powerful fruit stem cell extracts and sodium hyaluronate deliver a steady stream of intense moisture to the skin’s lower layers, while vitamins C and E protect and nourish, and SPF 15 guards against harmful UV rays The skin’s natural elasticity and suppleness are restored, for immediate luminosity, and a long-term smoother complexion.

Benefits
  • Hydrated, tinted coverage, for makeup-free radiance
  • Pigment spots are lightened and reduced
  • Skin is intensely hydrated, nourished, and repaired for youthful elasticity
  • Luxurious, silky formula blends evenly and easily
  • UVA/UVB and antioxidant protection
  • Actively beneficial for all skin types
What are the key active ingredients?
  • Moisturising BerryFlux Vita stimulates the skin’s natural hyaluronic acid to lock in hydration. Rich in antioxidants, it strengthens the skin’s natural barrier and helps preserve collagen and elastin for suppleness and tone.
  • Brightening Sand Lily Extract has skin brightening properties that treat dark spots and improve skin uniformity by acting on cellular and neural levels to inhibit the overproduction of melanin and prevent it traveling to the skin’s surface. This results in a surface reduction in pigment spots, without lightening the surrounding skin.
I selected the shade Ivory at the counter. Alabaster appeared to be way too light. I hope my swatch photos, taken in full sun, will show you that Ivory as a good choice for me. I applied a swatch at the top of my arm, without blending it, then I took my finger and blended the bottom third of the swatch downward on my arm. I used my finger.

I hope you can see that Ivory was the perfect shade for me. It is more yellow than my skin, which erases any excess redness. You can see that on the heavy swatch at the top of my arm.When blended, it disappears. It evens my complexion and provides some protection from the sun's rays at the same time. It is hydrating, which I love, and it does leave that promised radiance on my skin, but with a no-makeup look.

Ecru, the next shade "up," was too pink for me. Ivory is perfect. There are 12 shade choices - unusual for a tinted moisturizer - giving everyone plenty of options to find the perfect shade.

EVE LOM recommends that you apply Radiance Perfected Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 with your fingertips, and I agree. If you must use an applicator, I'd suggest a sponge.

I'm pleased with EVE LOM purchase #1. I have two more to show you. I don't have photos yet, and rain is predicted for the next few days. I'll capture them as soon as possible. I love the concealer.

In the meantime, if you are interested in trying the new EVE LOM color products, check them out at the EVE LOM Web site. Then call Michael Reinhardt, who is minding the "store" until a new representative comes onboard. You can reach him at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258. He will help you select the right shade.

Photos at top courtesy of EVE LOM; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Jo said...

I LOVE this TM. I have been using it for a few weeks now. I bought mine at SpaceNK - they have it available in all their stores and they actually own Eve Lom now. I like Laura Mercier's TM but it is a little heavy and I always had to mix it with a moisturizer and it still sometimes settled in my pores. The Eve Lom is deliciously moisturizing while at the same time providing a nice light coverage to my skin. I think it is perfect for "mature" skin. As CG says it is best applied with fingers. I actually bought the EL foundation brush because I read it was great but I am really not that impressed with it. Applying with my fingers gives me a more even coverage.

Be forewarned though that the shades run light. I am about a NC 25 but I had to go up to Shade 7 - Beige to find a match (I've never been higher than a 5 in any shade) Vanilla was too light and pink and Ecru was too golden. The Beauty Professor has swatches of all the shades on her blog if you are unable to get to a store that carries it.

I like the concealer too but thought I could make due with my Cle de Peau but I may go back and get the concealer too. I noticed when I got home the day I tried the concelaer on that my undereye area was lightened so I think the concealer has some brightening and illuminating ingredients in it. I would put the concealer on over the TM so you don't miss out on the brightening properties of the concealer though.

Behindthepillar said...

I will definitely check this one out when I can locate it instore. Currently testing some samples of Eve Lom's Moisture Mask ( a leave on product ) which I am enjoying very much. Not too sticky or fragranced but very hydrating. I used to use the EL cleansing balm eons ago and not really looked at this range since but it seems to be expanding in good ways. Susan, London

Kiss & Make-up said...

Never heard of this brand. But you sure sound enthusiastic! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Thank you for this post! I am so interested in this line and I am thrilled that NM is carrying it. So happy that NM is only 3 miles away! Off I go to explore!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

You're not kidding about that being the perfect match for your skin! It looks so natural, and yet it gives you beautiful coverage. I'd buy this in a heartbeat!
Now I want to try Eve Lom skincare!

Donna said...

This range is very impressive. I am in the UK and got very excited to try some products. I bought the foundation, primer and concealer. The reason I never bought the Tinted Moisturizer is I have redness from mild roseaca and need more coverage.