Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dior Beauty Diorskin Nude Shimmer Powder in Rose/Pink from the Summer 2014 Transatlantique Collection for Neiman Marcus

Each store received its own Transatlantique Collection for Summer 2014. I had fun shopping at Saks. Then I did it again at Neiman Marcus. Trying to be frugal, I selected only one piece, Diorskin Nude Shimmer Powder in Rose/Pink ($56). It beckoned to me from another counter!

The limited-edition Transatlantique Color Collection was inspired by Christian Dior’s love for travel and the brand’s spirit for timeless elegance and playfulness. The collection boasts classic, elegant shades contrasted by bold pops of color.

Diorskin Nude Shimmer Powder mimics a fresh glow. It's a luminizing product that combines pigment with shimmer to create a natural, fresh look. "A gentle blush of color sculpts and contours, creating a dazzling, complexion-enhancing glow."

The compact comes in a very large box, accompanied by the small kabuki brush you see here. With one stroke of the Kabuki brush (or more, if you wish), your skin blushes gently, catching the light and revealing a sculpted face. The color is gorgeous: a pastel pink that leans cool without being too blue.

I took my swatch photos in full, late-morning sun. I applied the powder with a sponge-tipped applicator, which I "ran" over all the colors in the compact. Then I used the kabuki brush that comes with the compact (in a very large Dior box) and applied the large swatch below.

I'm using this gorgeous pink as an illuminating blush. I apply it with a light hand because it is very pigmented.

The texture of this finely-milled powder is soft and very blendable on the skin. Once you blend it, it seems to melt into the skin, never looking powdery. I am thrilled that I purchased it.

Diorskin Nude Shimmer Powder in Rose/Pink is supposed to be a Neiman Marcus exclusive, but you can find it at Nordstrom too. I can never figure out why one store thinks they have an exclusive, but others have the same product. I've given up trying.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is indeed gorgeous. It is summery but I can also see it worn year-round. The pink is so perfect - I imagine you glow in this color.
Thank you for showing it to us.
Tanja

Mamavalveeta03 said...

That compact is SO beautiful! I don't know if I'd actually be able to use it since I'd mess-up the imprint. But I love the way it goes on and the depth of color. It looks like it would be hard to overdo.

Chateepatee said...

It's pretty CG- but it looks very similar to Dior's Cannage Blush that's supposed to be exclusive to Saks. I ordered both the pink & coral, and honestly, for $60 I'm thinking I overpaid. Will I never learn? Because why does my MAC Proenza Schouler blushes- in coral and pink look like exact dupes for only $40? I know makeup inside & out-& I dislike when I get hoodwinked by a brands name.
Maybe I should have looked at what you bought instead- it's variety I'm after. Looks pretty in the sun too!

Resham said...

It is soo pretty!!! I wish I had endless funds... :D

Lisa said...

Just stunning!

Eileen said...

I need another illuminating blusher like I need a hole my head, but if I did, this one would definitely be a contender. It's gorgeous. It's a perfect pink for you, Charlestongirl.

EllenB said...

I've fallen in love with this just by seeing your swatches! Lovely review and pics, CG! Thanks for sharing!