Monday, June 30, 2014

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine from the Collection États Poétiques for Fall 2014

Just say, "Chanel Rouge Coco Shine" to me, and my response will be, "Where Can I Order?" When I saw that there were four Rouge Coco Shines ($35) in the Collection États Poétiques for Fall 2014, I ordered them. I barely studied the shades. I was sure they would all be sheer and attractive. I couldn't begin to choose, so I ordered all four.

The next chapter in the brilliant Rouge Coco Shine story: Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Color Lipshine, an innovative formula with intensified pigments to take color and sheen to a new level of vibrancy. Sheer, shiny, color-rich shades are effortlessly chic, infinitely wearable. Hydratendre Complex softens and plumps lips for a healthier, fuller appearance.

I ordered all four new shades from Chanel's Web site. As I mentioned yesterday, they sat for about 10 days waiting for a good opportunity for phototograpy, which finally came this past weekend. Although I'm not overwhelmed with my swatch photos, here they are. I still have those little pink dots on my arm, and I'd hate to show you the bruises on the other side.

I swatched the shades on my arm in the same order they are shown in my photo at the top of this feature. I started with #93, Intime. It is a very light pink. Anyone with highly pigmented lips will find it nearly invisible. I can see it on my lips, but the effect is subtle. Next down is #94, Confident, which is as gorgeous as it gets. A brown-toned pink, it falls into my "love zone."

Viva (#95) is a bit brash. I can never decide whether I like bright fuchsia shades on myself. They make me feel a bit self-conscious, even thought others love them. Aura (#96), is another drop-dead gorgeous shade. It is a rose-plum hybrid that is so flattering, it's a must. You would never know from looking at the tube that it is so gorgeous.

"Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine provides lasting moisturizing shine in a water-light texture. The formula glides on for quick and easy application, and a unique Hydratendre complex hydrates and softens lips, giving them a healthier and fuller appearance." This lipstick is available in a complete range of shades, from delicate beiges to berries, "with a hint of shimmer to enhance a glossy finish." This shimmer distinction is noteworthy because the finish of Rouge Coco Shine is lightly shiny - not metallic, reflective, glittery, or mirror-like. It gleams in a delightful way.

My experience with this lip color is that it loses its shine in an hour or two. The color is long-lasting, but the shine leaves after awhile. I apply lip gloss at that point to bring back the shine. My lips look fuller (and better) with shine. It's my preference.

You can find all four Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshines from the Collection États Poétiques for Fall 2014 at Chanel's Web site and at Chanel Counters (everywhere, I hope). I think you need at least one.

Now, after a long day at work and a trip to PT after, I'm off to bed! I hope to snuggle up with Charlie and relax.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Louisa said...

What timing! I just bought Confident and Aura today. This will be my first experience with the RCS formula. Will probably wait to wear Aura in the Fall, as the berry color is so rich. Confident is perfect for everyday wear. Thanks for the post!

Christina said...

Thank you for sharing. I just might pick one for myself when available here.

A Lovely Inconsequence said...

CG: I love them all too! Question: Do you know what color the model in the film is wearing? She's in the white bathing suit? THAT'S the color I want.

Thank you!

Donna

Anonymous said...

I fall for the SAME shade from different companies every single time! Yup. It's the pinky-brown one. I have countless glosses and lipsticks in that shade, and yet it's perfection pulls me in every time! Oh well, I guess I know what I like!

melisand61 said...

I'm with you on #94 and #96. Beautiful shades. I'm trying not to buy too many new lipsticks, since I have so many barely used ones, but #94 is seriously tempting me.

Kiss & Make-up said...

94 and 96 are stunners!

Eileen said...

Although I was very disappointed in the fall collection In general, I did decide to purchase the RC Shine in Confident. It's a beautiful no fuss kind of shade that makes my medium rose lips look smooth and even. It has just enough brown in it to mute my lips natural rosiness and give me a more autumnal look without being de trop. I think Chanel does that kind of color exceedingly well. Remember Caractére and Troublant (Ah! Troublant!) from 2012? Confident is like a more sheer and delicate version. Loved them; love Confident :-)

kellinicole86 said...

Chanel's Rouge Coco Shines are my HG high end lip products, even though I only have 2 - Boy and Liberté. Aura and Viva seem like excellent choices. Hopefully, I'll be able to find them for awhile. Those and the YSL #8 Couture eye palette are on my list of things to get as a reward to myself for taking the bar exam at the end of the month : )

Lola's Secret Beauty Blog said...

WOW, I thought that I could escape the Rouge Coco Shines, but your GORGEOUS swatch of Aura is making my heart go pitter patter! Thanks for the lovely swatches and review. Happy 4th of July!