Sunday, June 29, 2014

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush from the Collection États Poétiques for Fall 2014

A poetic Fall palette. A colorful game of opposites. Innocent and stormy shadows express passion and emotion. A redesigned eyeliner pen defines a tone of mystery with a sleek felt tip for ultimate precision. 

After looking over the entire collection at Chanel.com, I ordered the blush in Innocence and the four Rouge Coco Shines. They have been here for 10 days! It was hot (or raining), I was going to physical therapy after work, and I had no time to get photos - until today. I'll admit I took a very conservative approach to the collection. I know there is more coming, and I want to see round 2 before I spend too much money.

There was no way I could pass by Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Innocence (#160, $45). I like to in person even more than I liked it online. It has more of an autumn look.

The soft, muted mauve pink, which some will call rosewood, is matte on my skin. It is sheer, giving us an opportunity to wear a literal blush of color or to layer the shade for more oomph. It is not as powdery as some Chanel blushes. Each time I've tried it, I've finished with a clean compact.

I swatched Innocence heavily at the top of my arm. I used a sponge-tipped applicator and ran it across the powder four or five times to show you an even representation of the color. Then I used a kabuki brush and applied it very lightly in a larger swatch below. Any shine you see is from the sun's reflection.

My arm looks like it had a battle. I'm wondering if those little red spots are spider bites. I saw a spider near my bed this weekend. I think I'll move him to another home if I see him again.

The color is a beautiful shade for fall. I'm going to enjoy it. I love the tinge of plum or mauve overlaid on rose. It may look lighter on darker skin tones, but it is definitely a heather rose on my fair skin.

These are the same swatches. The background color and angle to the sun make them look slightly different. I can see that my efforts to apply Innocence with a kabuki brush yielded an uneven application. I'll remember that and use a softer blush brush when I start to wear this beautiful blush for fall.

I purchased my Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Innocence at Chanel's Web site. I know the counters have the Collection États Poétiques for Fall 2014 because I received an e-mail notification.

Photos at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

A Delicate Rosie Beauty said...

That's really pretty. I haven't been that excited about this new collection, and I was definitely hesitant to order sight unseen. I picked up the lip gloss in Rose Reve, but I'm going to check this out once it arrives at my local counter. I'm disappointed because I just bought the Ecriture de Chanel eye liner pen, but just saw that they released a new and improved version! I can't believe they sold me something that was going to be replaced so soon!

LilyBiscuit said...

Thanks for the review. I'll have to pick this one up. This looks like a beautiful collection :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Very, very pretty. And I would say you swatched "not so innocently"! I love to hear that a powder compact doesn't leave behind a "spray" of powder (and one of my pet peeves with certain, supposedly high-end brands). I see that as a sign of quality. I'll be excited to see the lip colors, especially if you liked 4 of them!

Lisa C said...

I love this blush, its so pretty! I just ordered the Les Beige healthy glow in 02 and am IN LOVE with that. It goes beautifully with my JC blush in Canaille. Have you tried these yet? I think you would love them.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful blush. Going to purchase for my new fall look. Thanks for the lovely pics and swatches!

Kiss & Make-up said...

I love Chanel blush. I like the cream blushes just a tad more even, but this one really looks lovely too.

Grlnxdor said...

This is beautiful for Fall. I'm not able to wear darker plums, so this would be the real ticket.

Lisa said...

I never seems to get enough of Chanel blushes. Somehow they always seems to match my skin tone seamlessly, effortlessly, reliably. This one got me too. Will be getting it for fall…for sure.

Lucy said...

Chanel packaging and textures/colors fascinate me endlessly. This looks like a special beauty.

Emilie said...

Your reviews are always so interesting for us fair girls. Thank you for posting this!