Sunday, June 15, 2014

BECCA Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Fig/Opal, Guava/Moonstone, and Raspberry/Opal

When I wrote about BECCA's Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé Lychee/Opal ($27), one of six shades, I said I'd be going back for more. I did. I purchased Fig/Opal, Guava/Moonstone, and Raspberry/Opal on Round 2. They are shown in that order from left to right immediately below.

A four-in-one air-whipped soufflé formula adds a flush of color to cheeks. The ultra-lightweight formula packs four must-have qualities into one formula: a powder to add a pop of color, a stain to give staying power, an illuminating highlighter, and a cream to deliver a flawless finish. Water-resistant, each pot combines Becca’s bestselling Beach Tint with a Shimmering Skin Perfector for effortlessly buildable, complexion-enhancing color, soothing hydration, and a youthful glow.

The soufflé is made by pulverizing Beach Tint and Shimmering Skin Perfector pigments and pearls into an ultrafine powder, which is then combined with a proprietary blend of liquids, and whipped into a delicate soufflé. It definitely applies like a cream. The result? Glorious!

I took swatch photos in full, bright, mid-day sun, using a sponge-tipped applicator to apply the shades to my arm. I started at the top with Fig/Opal, continued with Guava/Moonstone, and finished at the bottom with Raspberry/Opal. I am just as happy with these shades as I was with Lychee/Opal.

Fig/Opal is described as a nude infused with golden opal. If you think about the luscious fruit you see when you cut into a fig, you may get a mental image of the Shimmer Soufflé shade. Guave/Moonstone is described as coral infused with pale gold. It's more peach than coral, but the color is so pretty, I won't quibble over its description.

Raspberry/Opal is the unique one among my four. It is described as raspberry infused with golden opal. When you look at it in the pot, that's what you see. On the skin, though, it's a vivid warm pink - one that really perks up my cheeks.

I love these little pots of gleaming wonder. If I were to get picky, I would criticize their size. It's a little hard to work within the confines of the pots if you wish to use a brush to apply the creams. I can't even imagine how one would use BECCA's recommended The One Perfecting Brush. If you use your fingers, you'll find the diameter perfectly acceptable. Given that they are only $27, that is a picky observation.

Sephora still has them in stock. Given how quickly they blew out of there when first stocked, I think you might want to order soon before they disappear again.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really pretty, all of them look very wearable and like they give just the right amount of color. Fig and Raspberry are my two favorites. Are they long-wearing?
Thanks for featuring them and happy father's day to all the fathers.
Best,
Tanja

Charlestongirl said...

Tanja, they last all day on me.

VancouverChic said...

Hi CG,

Thank you so much for the photos. I am in love with the Guava/Moonstone. Gorgeous!

Have a great Sunday!

Joanne ~ VancouverChic

Behindthepillar said...

Hoping Sephora stocks will last out another fortnight till I get to the States. They are just my kind of blusher. Susan, London

Lisa said...

OMG! The raspberry/opal looks amazing on you! I would have snatched this up if it looked this way on my NC20 skin, but when I applied it on my cheeks it looked brown! Lucky you CG. Great swatches!

Lisa said...

I forgot to mention CG, a stipling brush fits perfectly in the pot and is excellent for application. I picked this tip up from other blog sites (can't claim any credit)!

Jo said...

I LOVE these and have been wearing them every day since I got them. Fig is my favorite, they last all day. They are definitely my favorite makeup product of 2014 so far!

Resham said...

so beautiful!!!!Thanks for the swatches and reviews...

Adam & Susan said...

Excellent swatches! I got them all. :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I was prepared to not like these because of the amount of shimmer Lychee/Opal seemed to have when you swatched it. But these are so so pretty that I think it's going to be a summer must...especially since they last like Becca's Beach Tint. My eye is drawn to Raspberry, but my head tells me that fig would be a much better choice because of all the red in my skin. A winner!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh goodness...Fig/Opal and Guava/Moonstone are just calling to me! I was intrigued when I first heard about this release but when I saw photos, I immediately wrote them off as being waay too shimmery for my skin (since I'm super oily and have rather large pores to boot :/). But from your swatches, they really aren't like the shimmer-bomb I thought they'd be. I definitely will be checking these out :)